April 22, 2016

Happy Blogiversary: 8 Years

Where it all began.

Where do I even start? Today marks the eighth year that I've been writing about Warcraft, and next month is the ninth year that I've been playing the game. If you asked me back then if I'd still be here now, I probably would have laughed at you. I never imagined after nine years that I'd still be playing this game either. Of course, things have changed and I don't write here as often and my play style has also become more casual than anything, including taking breaks like the one I'm currently on. Yet I am always drawn back into Azeroth. I almost can view it as my second home.

Through this journey I've met so many great people. Some have come and some have gone, but I never forget those who have been a part of my life. Since becoming active in the Twitter community I've met great artists, writers, role players, and just general fabulous players that go out of their way to help others. I'm honestly in awe of how socially awkward someone like me can be and still meet people online and build lasting friendships.

So what's in store for this place? Well, I'm not going anywhere! I have a few posts planned out for the next coming weeks, and when Legion hits, things will definitely be back in full swing; granted I'm not stuck in my class hall most of the time. I have a post on the controversial vanilla servers I will post next week, and that's one you may want to read. I'm also in the process of moving over my mass amounts of WoW screenshots to a better platform where I can share them all with you. This will definitely be announced when that's done.

So, here's to 8 years and hopefully many, many more. Let's dance!

A nod to my first post on the blog.

2 comments: