December 22, 2014

The Icecrown Challenge 2014

Last week the lovely Ratsel tagged me in a post to participate in her Icecrown Challenge. While this is a tough time of year for a lot of people, including me and Pig, I still decided to donate what I could because it's for a cause that hits close to home.


In 1998 I lost my brother Matt to suicide. This is something that still effects my family, and it's something that you never truly "get over". It always hits me really hard when I read about someone in the community (online and in real life) or a celebrity takes their own life. I immediately get transported back to the day it happened. It sucks that I had to grow up without him, and now that I'm older, we have so much in common. He loved metal music, video games, and craft beer. These are three things I absolutely adore. He was also a fantasy nerd and loved playing Dungeons and Dragons. I just know he would have loved World of Warcraft, and I just wish I would have been able to introduce him to Azeroth. As I type this with tears in my eyes, I have to remember that even though he's not here in person, he's been here in spirit and got to experience everything from afar. I can't wait for the day where I see him again, and give him a big hug. Love you my brother.

I was going to run ICC with my niece Selindri, but since she's been enjoying her holiday break, I really didn't want to bother her about it. My love Pigletoos decided he would do it with me. This is our picture after we defeated Arthas. I think we look pretty cute in our Winter Veil outfits!



I'd like to thank Ratsel for hosting this charity event for such a wonderful foundation. It not only means a lot to me, but I know it means a lot to a ton of other people out there also. I'm supposed to tag three people to do this, but I don't want to make anyone feel like they need to. So, if you're reading this and would like to participate, please do so. Even if you can't run ICC, you can still donate! Every little bit counts. To learn more, you can visit the links below.

- The Icecrown Challenge
- The Donation Page
- American Foundation for Suicide

No comments:

Post a Comment