June 14, 2013

Blog Azeroth: Favorite Vanity Items

I had a different post planned out, but I can never turn down a Blog Azeroth topic - They are too wonderful!

"What is your favorite vanity item in World of Warcraft?"

I'm assuming this topic was thought of from the recent Wowhead guide about all these different wonderful vanity items, and where you can go to obtain them. As with most things I collect, I can never just pick that one special item. Here is my top 5 favorite vanity items that I own:

This item holds a special place in my heart. I got it way back in Burning Crusades. The mobs that had the highest chance (or maybe only chance) to drop them were these three rare spawns that would spawn every few hours in the Dire Maul arena: Skarr the Unbreakable, The Razza, and Mushgog. I always brought Pigle or Chrisoos with me because since it was an arena, I think you would get flagged for PvP; Plus, it was a very popular place that was camped. Here is the exact post from when I got the item! I believe it dropped off of Mushgog. It was a happy day for me!

As someone who picked the side of the Oracles first, I was sad to see that the Frenzyheart offered a cute vanity item. I had no idea until late WotLK that you could switch sides... which I bugged out on my initial try.   After days of dailies and opening quite a few Disgusting Jars, I could finally be like those furry little wolves. Too bad there isn't an Oracle equivalent! (oraclez4lyfe)

#3 - Dragon's Call
I hit a bunch of stuff but couldn't get the whelp to spawn. :(
This was an item I always wanted but never actually sat down to farm. It's new to me; I've only had it for about a week or two, but I couldn't be happier. Me and the emerald whelp go way back (I always talk about my hours of farming in BC), and I wanted the sword to match because it also spawns a whelp. After running Sunken Temple for what felt like hours the other night, it dropped!

This was one of those items you heard about people getting in Vanilla. It was special, it showed dedication, it wasn't something to go after if you were weak! With grinding out reputations becoming "easy mode" in WotLK, I finally decided to get exalted with the Timbermaw Hold. At first it was just for the awesome named achievement (They Love Me In That Tunnel), but then you realize you can get this item and and a trinket that lets a Furblog fight with you (Defender of the Timbermaw). After that, the grind seems alright. :)

and finally...

#1 - Magic Bamboo Shoot

On my cute raft... fishing away.
This was introduced in MoP. I don't think this would be as cool if it weren't for all the crazy things you can do while being a little panda! Epic!
Look at the cute little wand and held in off hand!

Runners Up:

Before ass kicking.
After he kicked my ass then ran away.
Eek! Scary bunny!
I like the one dragging his butt and well, Fezes are cool!
And finally, oh my goodness! All of the things being data mined from the patch 5.4 PTR. I cannot wait to talk about all of that, but as I said before, that will have to wait until another time. ;)

3 comments:

  1. I heartily approve of all the things on your list! Not to mention being ever so slightly jealous of your Dragon's Call (even though I've never actually set out to farm it).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if I just lucked out with it dropping or what, but I think if you had an entire day to farm it you could definitely get it to drop. You should try it and let me know if you get it! :)

      Delete