March 19, 2013

Fishing for Carp

I know a lot of people are getting frustrated with the Tiny Carp mini pets. At the beginning as I was having flashbacks of attempting to fish up a Sea Turtle mount in WotLK. I used to farm hours for it along the coasts of Borean Tundra, and I ended up getting it randomly one Saturday during the Kalu'ak Fishing tournament from a pool in Grizzly Hills.

Anyway, here are a few facts I know (from personal experience) about the carps.

- I caught all of mine at different times of day with different weather conditions happening. I don't believe this has anything to do with how they are fished up.

- My fishing skill is maxed out. I wore only my Weather-Beaten Fishing Hat (with the buff applied) and used my Kalu'ak Fishing Pole.

This next one is the most important one...

- I DID NOT fish any of the carp up from pools!

At first I was using the "fish of the day" as a guide for which pools would possibly get me the carps faster. After a few days of getting nothing, I changed my game plan. I do not have an estimate of how many casts I have, but I did get three of the four carp in a matter of two days using my method. After taking a break over the weekend (to move into my new place), I caught the stubborn remaining carp in one day.

Now here are pictures of each location where I fished up each carp.

Townlong Steppes

Tip: Stand on the rock in the middle of the pond while fishing to avoid mobs.


Vale of Eternal Blossoms


Valley of the Four Winds


Kun-Lai Summit

This carp was my last catch and definitely took the longest to get. Very rewarding to finally get him!

Please remember, what worked for me may not work for you. There are no "magical spots" that let you fish up the carp faster. If you find yourself getting burnt out, fish for about an hour or so in one location and then switch to the next. A good thing about fishing in Valley of the Four Winds and Kun-Lai Summit is that you can take advantage of killing world bosses in between fishing. Also, you may get a good bit of Sealed Crates. The contents and fish are basically free gold if you aren't using the mats to level up a profession.

Remember it's just a game and mini pet collecting was meant to be fun, not cut throat competition. Good luck to everyone on their carp journey. They truly are wonderful little mini pets.Now, grab a Kungaloosh, relax, and keep on fishing! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment