February 26, 2013

Blog Azeroth: WoW Collections


I have finally signed up to Blog Azeroth. I love the fact that they have a weekly topic posted that you can blog about. It gives me new content to discuss without having to keep saying the same things over and over. I just have never been too great with posting on forums, so I doubt I will really contribute much on the site. Anyway, here was this weeks question:

"World of Warcraft has added many different items for players to collect, whether it be collecting pets, mounts, transmog gear or knickknacks about the lore. This week’s topic asks what you do collect in the game and what is your prized item from that collection?"

I know I touched on this subject on a post last year, but I went more into detail of older, non obtainable items that I have. As far as collecting goes... I collect it all! Seriously, Vel is one of those characters that keeps it because you never know when she might need it.

I started off in BC with a huge collection of mini pets. Before you could learn them, you would have to keep the physical item in your bags to summon it. It got so bad that my entire bank was filled with them. Thank goodness for the "pet tab" now. I have almost 500 of them, but my most prized pet would have to be my Emerald Whelp. I used to spend long hours farming for it in Swamp of Sorrows. I never got it to drop, but I finally bought one at the beginning of WotLK for 5k, eek.

In Wrath, I became more obsessed with mount and tabard collecting. I bought a lot of TCG packs to try to get loot, and at the end I had so many I was able to redeem myself a Tabard of the Void. It's still a very nice tabard that I use whenever I'm wearing a dark set. It's probably my second favorite tabard right behind Tabard of the Argent Dawn (for obvious reasons of course).

Now as far as mounts go, I will probably sound really cliché by saying this, but my Ashes of Al'ar is my most prized mount. I don't even care that a ton of people have it now... I love it because it reminds me of late night Tempest Keep runs with my friends to try and get transmog gear and telling stories of the past xpacs and raids. I never thought I would see this thing drop, much less legitimately win the roll. That mount means so much to me. <3

Titles! I almost forgot about titles! I didn't raid during Wrath, but I always wanted to kill Arthas. He has one of my favorites stories lore wise and ICC is still filled with some of the coolest bosses (imo). I ended up getting into am Arthas kill during Cata just so I could get my "the Kingslayer" title. Something about that title just gives me the chills. I have no idea why, but I love it so much. My second favorite title is "of the Shattered Sun". Both me and my boyfriend got that title back in BC from grinding out all those dailies to get exalted. It was also rare to see someone with it because it cost 1k... which was still quite a good bit of gold back then.

Finally I leave you with transmog. I cannot tell you how excited I was when Illidan dropped Cowl of the Illidari Highlord. I ended up spending a good bit of time making a really pretty set around it. It's definitely my all time favorite transmog set (I have a thing for BC of course).

There are some other items that I REALLY like, but sadly I don't have a sword yet and we could be here all day with me going through them all, hah.

I also wanted to say after all the headache that the "new" Photobucket has been causing me, I've decide to switch all of my photos over to Dropbox. They are all there, I just haven't had a chance to organize them a bit better. I'd like to have my Moonguard pictures separate from everything since that is a whole different story in itself. Please feel free to visit the new home of my screenshots: World of Picturecraft.

No comments:

Post a Comment